GE Rolls Out New UPS Platform
GE introduced its TLE Series uninterruptible power supply (UPS) global platform.
The transformerless, three-phase UPS provides facilities with operating efficiencies up to 97 percent in double-conversion mode and up to 99 percent in eBoost, also known as multi-mode, operation.
By operating at higher efficiencies, the TLE platform helps lower system operating expenses and power usage effectiveness (PUE). In addition, the TLE Series delivers low-input harmonics, high-input power factor and low-output voltage distortion to the critical loads.
For facilities such as data centers, healthcare operations and financial institutions, the TLE Series is offered in both UL and CE versions. The CE version spans up to 1.2 MW, while the UL version ranges up to 1.5 MW. The TLE 160 kW to 400 kW, CE-rated products are available now; and the UL-rated products will be available throughout 2013 with the higher power ranges available in 2014.
With high power density in a small footprint, the TLE works in applications where space optimization is a priority.
Equipped with a TLE UPS and operating in double-conversion mode with 97 percent efficiency, a typical large, enterprise-class data center with a 5-MW critical load can realize life cycle operating expense savings up to $2 million when compared to a typical double-conversion, 93 percent efficient UPS due to its reduced energy costs, according to GE.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws