GE Upgrades European Grid Software
GE has upgraded its PowerOn Advantage Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), which Europe uses to manage its grid. The software provides grid operators a real-time centralized view of work processes across the grid to help optimize the network’s performance. It includes outage management system (OMS) and distribution management system (DMS) capabilities.
PowerOn Advantage ADMS supports grid operators through a user interface, where data finds the user via a predefined dashboard with user-configurable widgets. Guided work pages and streamlined workflows provide advanced situational awareness, helping to guide decision-making during critical situations.
PowerOn Advantage can be offered as a standalone OMS or DMS as well as an integrated ADMS. The upgraded technology joins GE’s PowerOn platform of grid management products and is part of the company’s portfolio of Industrial Internet solutions, which establish a constant flow of communication between a business operation and its machines. The Industrial Internet enables big data to be converted into real-time analytical insight, improving grid reliability and efficiency.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management