Gehrlicher Builds 3 MW Solar System on Landfill Site
Gehrlicher Solar America has broken ground for a 3 MW solar system on top of a landfill site. The company worked in cooperation with Main Street Power Company, an owner and operator of solar assets, MS Solar Solutions, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, project developers Syncarpha Capital and Brightfields Development, along with the town of Scituate, Mass.
Massachusetts has 328 capped landfills across the state and is promoting the siting of solar on these and other brownfields locations.
The Scituate solar array has a peak capacity of 3 MW and is comprised of 10,560 solar panels and five inverters which, together with the 1.5 MW wind turbine project commissioned in March 2012, makes Scituate the first town in Commonwealth to be 100 pecent powered by renewable energy.
In early 2013, Gehrlicher Solar America opened a regional office in Boston to support its New England market. To date, Gehrlicher has completed 16 MW of projects in Massachusetts and has additional 62 MW under construction and development.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management