Gehrlicher Builds PV Systems for Unisource Energy, Berry Plastics
Gehrlicher Solar America has completed building Phase 1 of a 7.2 MW solar park for UniSource Energy Service in Rio Rico, Ariz. (pictured). Phase 1 is 4 MW solar array. Phase 2 will be completed in December 2013 and commissioned in January 2014.
When fully operational, the ground-mounted system will supply power to about 91,000 UniSource Energy customers in Mohave and Santa Cruz counties, producing 13.1 MWh of solar power annually. Gehrlicher is responsible for the design, engineering and construction of the solar project located on 37.5 acres. The Rio Rico generation facility consists of 24,400 fixed-tilt solar modules and four inverters. Gehrlicher chose Southwest Energy Solutions to perform the electrical portion of the work on the system. UniSource Energy is a subsidiary of Tucson-based UniSource Energy Corporation, which also serves as the corporate parent of Tucson Electric Power.
In other Gehrlicher Solar America news, the company has partnered with Marina Energy, along with its development partner Solops, for the construction of a net-metered solar installation for Berry Plastics Corporation. The project is being built adjacent to the premises occupied by Berry Plastics at its Phillipsburg, NJ facility. The project was developed by Solops and financed in partnership with Marina Energy. The 13 MW ground-mounted system consists of 44,270 photovoltaic modules and 20 inverters that are expected to produce 16.7 MWh annually, which will be purchased by Berry Plastics.
Photo Credit: Terry Citron
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement