Gehrlicher Builds PV Systems for Unisource Energy, Berry Plastics
Gehrlicher Solar America has completed building Phase 1 of a 7.2 MW solar park for UniSource Energy Service in Rio Rico, Ariz. (pictured). Phase 1 is 4 MW solar array. Phase 2 will be completed in December 2013 and commissioned in January 2014.
When fully operational, the ground-mounted system will supply power to about 91,000 UniSource Energy customers in Mohave and Santa Cruz counties, producing 13.1 MWh of solar power annually. Gehrlicher is responsible for the design, engineering and construction of the solar project located on 37.5 acres. The Rio Rico generation facility consists of 24,400 fixed-tilt solar modules and four inverters. Gehrlicher chose Southwest Energy Solutions to perform the electrical portion of the work on the system. UniSource Energy is a subsidiary of Tucson-based UniSource Energy Corporation, which also serves as the corporate parent of Tucson Electric Power.
In other Gehrlicher Solar America news, the company has partnered with Marina Energy, along with its development partner Solops, for the construction of a net-metered solar installation for Berry Plastics Corporation. The project is being built adjacent to the premises occupied by Berry Plastics at its Phillipsburg, NJ facility. The project was developed by Solops and financed in partnership with Marina Energy. The 13 MW ground-mounted system consists of 44,270 photovoltaic modules and 20 inverters that are expected to produce 16.7 MWh annually, which will be purchased by Berry Plastics.
Photo Credit: Terry Citron
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management