Gehrlicher Builds PV Systems for Unisource Energy, Berry Plastics
Gehrlicher Solar America has completed building Phase 1 of a 7.2 MW solar park for UniSource Energy Service in Rio Rico, Ariz. (pictured). Phase 1 is 4 MW solar array. Phase 2 will be completed in December 2013 and commissioned in January 2014.
When fully operational, the ground-mounted system will supply power to about 91,000 UniSource Energy customers in Mohave and Santa Cruz counties, producing 13.1 MWh of solar power annually. Gehrlicher is responsible for the design, engineering and construction of the solar project located on 37.5 acres. The Rio Rico generation facility consists of 24,400 fixed-tilt solar modules and four inverters. Gehrlicher chose Southwest Energy Solutions to perform the electrical portion of the work on the system. UniSource Energy is a subsidiary of Tucson-based UniSource Energy Corporation, which also serves as the corporate parent of Tucson Electric Power.
In other Gehrlicher Solar America news, the company has partnered with Marina Energy, along with its development partner Solops, for the construction of a net-metered solar installation for Berry Plastics Corporation. The project is being built adjacent to the premises occupied by Berry Plastics at its Phillipsburg, NJ facility. The project was developed by Solops and financed in partnership with Marina Energy. The 13 MW ground-mounted system consists of 44,270 photovoltaic modules and 20 inverters that are expected to produce 16.7 MWh annually, which will be purchased by Berry Plastics.
Photo Credit: Terry Citron
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software