Geothermal Provides Heat, Hot Water to 12,000 French Homes, Businesses
The French town of Maisons-Alfort, a suburb of Paris, is working with Centrax to install a new gas turbine generator package to support its geothermal heating and hot water system available from rocks beneath the Paris basin. The agreement is between Centrax and the Joint Geothermal Syndicate comprised of the town and its social housing association.
After 12 years of operation, the old Centrax package, which was installed in 1999 has been removed and replaced by a new 5.3 MW indoor unit: the CX501-KB7 generator set. The new unit will complement the geothermal installation to feed a district heating system providing heating and hot water needs to more than 12,000 residential homes and apartments as well as a university, schools and other businesses in the area.
To accommodate the new unit, Centrax is removing the old package as well as making modifications to the building and the ductwork.
The Joint Geothermal Syndicate chose Dalkia as site operator. The new facility will be operational by November 1.
According to Engineer Live, this is the tenth such package in France to be replaced by UK-based Centrax, stemming from the French government’s program to replace co-generation equipment that is more than 12 years old.
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement