German, Italian Equinix Choose Schneider for Energy Management Procurement
Schneider Electric announced the addition of Germany and Italy to the global agreement with Equinix to provide energy management procurement services (EMPS) and sustainability services to their global footprint. With the addition of these two countries, Schneider Electric now provides its full range EMPS services to all Equinix sites in deregulated markets. This extends the current multi-year agreement through 2016 and includes 110 Equinix facilities around the globe.
Equinix, the data center and colocation provider, says its partnership with Schneider Electric has saved the company $11 million since it began in March of 2011. By employing a flexible approach to energy buying, Equinix, is able to manage its power spend like a natural gas hedging program by locking a percentage of its cost in different layers as advantageous market conditions occur.
Schneider Electric’s complete line of EMPS and sustainability services help customers like Equinix through:
- Full service energy management and procurement
- Utility bill management (UBM) to ensure billing accuracy
- Comprehensive Green House Gas emissions reporting
- Monthly electric variance reporting
- Resource Advisor energy management platform
- Annual budgeting
- Corporate-wide risk management
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management