Germany: New Year, Stricter Energy Rules
The maximum amount of energy capacity in new buildings now is 25 percent lower than previously. The story provides insight from the Federal Association of Renewable Energies on which technologies may gain favor or be challenged by the new laws.
The group says that a pellet boiler and solar thermal system provide the lowest energy potential. Gas boilers are the least effective. Heat pump technologies stand to gain by the new rules. Geothermal pumps are the most effective, while air source pumps are not as efficient.
FuelCell Energy Solutions and E.ON Connecting Energies are partnering to develop CHP projects in Europe. The first product of the pact will be a 1.4 MW plant at the German headquarters and production facility of FRIATEC.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds