Germany: New Year, Stricter Energy Rules
The maximum amount of energy capacity in new buildings now is 25 percent lower than previously. The story provides insight from the Federal Association of Renewable Energies on which technologies may gain favor or be challenged by the new laws.
The group says that a pellet boiler and solar thermal system provide the lowest energy potential. Gas boilers are the least effective. Heat pump technologies stand to gain by the new rules. Geothermal pumps are the most effective, while air source pumps are not as efficient.
FuelCell Energy Solutions and E.ON Connecting Energies are partnering to develop CHP projects in Europe. The first product of the pact will be a 1.4 MW plant at the German headquarters and production facility of FRIATEC.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management