Germany: New Year, Stricter Energy Rules
The maximum amount of energy capacity in new buildings now is 25 percent lower than previously. The story provides insight from the Federal Association of Renewable Energies on which technologies may gain favor or be challenged by the new laws.
The group says that a pellet boiler and solar thermal system provide the lowest energy potential. Gas boilers are the least effective. Heat pump technologies stand to gain by the new rules. Geothermal pumps are the most effective, while air source pumps are not as efficient.
FuelCell Energy Solutions and E.ON Connecting Energies are partnering to develop CHP projects in Europe. The first product of the pact will be a 1.4 MW plant at the German headquarters and production facility of FRIATEC.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles