GE’s Current and Tridium Form Partnership
Current, which is a GE company, today announced a relationship with Tridium, an Internet of Things (IoT) provider.
The agreement calls for Tridium’s Niagara Framework to be paired with Predix, GE’s cloud infrastructure. The combined offering will capture the volume, velocity and variety of machine usage data across commercial and industrial buildings.
The release says that the Niagara is installed in more than 500,000 around the world. The framework integrate diverse building automation systems. The press release says that the offering will be flexible: It will handle building automation systems regardless of their manufacturer and the communications standard and software they use.
Last month, GE said it acquired Australian building automation company Daintree Networks for more than $100 million.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Combined Heat and Power
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds