Glass Maker Gets $100M Investment
Dynamic glass maker View received a $100 million investment from Madrone Capital Partners. The investment will enable the company to meet increasing demand for View Dynamic Glass. Madrone Capital Partners is a Menlo Park, California-based firm specializing in growth capital investments. Thomas Patterson, co-founder and general partner of Madrone Capital Partners, has joined View’s board of directors.
View has installed more than 50 projects at corporate campuses, educational institutions, government buildings, hotels and hospitals across North America since commercialization was launched in November 2012.
View Dynamic Glass intelligently regulates the amount of heat and glare that enters a building, creating new possibilities in architectural design. It ascertains its unique position, orientation and condition, and automatically adjusts its tint in response to environmental conditions. Occupants can also manually control using apps on smartphones and tablets or by wall switches.
In addition to regulating natural light, View Dynamic Glass also significantly reduces energy usage. In a typical dynamic glass commercial installation, annual HVAC and lighting energy consumption is reduced by 20 percent while HVAC peak load is reduced by 25 percent.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing