Glass Maker Gets $100M Investment
Dynamic glass maker View received a $100 million investment from Madrone Capital Partners. The investment will enable the company to meet increasing demand for View Dynamic Glass. Madrone Capital Partners is a Menlo Park, California-based firm specializing in growth capital investments. Thomas Patterson, co-founder and general partner of Madrone Capital Partners, has joined View’s board of directors.
View has installed more than 50 projects at corporate campuses, educational institutions, government buildings, hotels and hospitals across North America since commercialization was launched in November 2012.
View Dynamic Glass intelligently regulates the amount of heat and glare that enters a building, creating new possibilities in architectural design. It ascertains its unique position, orientation and condition, and automatically adjusts its tint in response to environmental conditions. Occupants can also manually control using apps on smartphones and tablets or by wall switches.
In addition to regulating natural light, View Dynamic Glass also significantly reduces energy usage. In a typical dynamic glass commercial installation, annual HVAC and lighting energy consumption is reduced by 20 percent while HVAC peak load is reduced by 25 percent.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds