Global Boiler Demand Rising Slowly
The combination of cheap shale gas in the US is driving power generation fuel-switching, and the subsequent shift of coal-fired power production to Asia is driving the worldwide market for power boilers.
Utility and Power Boilers: A Global Strategic Business Report is a new report from Global Industry Analysts that examines the market.
The market is driven by the heavy dependence on coal-fired power plants, but new power plants, refurbishment of existing facilities, and migration to energy-efficient models are also propelling sales of utility boilers.
Gas-fired boilers are the biggest benefactor of the global trend toward fuel diversification: demand for gas-fired boilers in the US and an upsurge in coal use in Asia.
Environmental regulations and government incentive programs are helping accelerate the replacement and refurbishment of aging power generation equipment with energy-efficient boiler technologies such as circulated fluidized bed combustion (CFBC) boilers, atmospheric fluidized bed combustion (AFBC) boilers, sub-critical boilers and supercritical boilers.
Aggressive product pricing in intensely competitive and price-sensitive markets such as Asia is hindering technological innovation in the power boilers market. Volatile raw material prices and increasing competition from Chinese vendors are other factors restricting growth in the global market.
Asia-Pacific represents the largest and fastest growing market worldwide with a projected CAGR of 7.7 percent over the analysis period. Robust economic development, rapid industrialization, increasing urbanization, government infrastructure development programs, and expanding population represent key growth drivers in the region. In the developed markets of Europe and North America, aging energy infrastructure will provide opportunities for equipment replacements, upgrades and modernization.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings