Global Boiler Demand Rising Slowly
The combination of cheap shale gas in the US is driving power generation fuel-switching, and the subsequent shift of coal-fired power production to Asia is driving the worldwide market for power boilers.
Utility and Power Boilers: A Global Strategic Business Report is a new report from Global Industry Analysts that examines the market.
The market is driven by the heavy dependence on coal-fired power plants, but new power plants, refurbishment of existing facilities, and migration to energy-efficient models are also propelling sales of utility boilers.
Gas-fired boilers are the biggest benefactor of the global trend toward fuel diversification: demand for gas-fired boilers in the US and an upsurge in coal use in Asia.
Environmental regulations and government incentive programs are helping accelerate the replacement and refurbishment of aging power generation equipment with energy-efficient boiler technologies such as circulated fluidized bed combustion (CFBC) boilers, atmospheric fluidized bed combustion (AFBC) boilers, sub-critical boilers and supercritical boilers.
Aggressive product pricing in intensely competitive and price-sensitive markets such as Asia is hindering technological innovation in the power boilers market. Volatile raw material prices and increasing competition from Chinese vendors are other factors restricting growth in the global market.
Asia-Pacific represents the largest and fastest growing market worldwide with a projected CAGR of 7.7 percent over the analysis period. Robust economic development, rapid industrialization, increasing urbanization, government infrastructure development programs, and expanding population represent key growth drivers in the region. In the developed markets of Europe and North America, aging energy infrastructure will provide opportunities for equipment replacements, upgrades and modernization.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing