Global Pump Market Growing
The global pump market, driven in part by pump use in buildings, is expected to experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5 percent between this year and 2020, according to research firm Technavio.
The research points to demand for pumps for building services – with an emphasis on energy efficient pumps – and the growth of solar pumps as key drivers of the sector. The more traditional building segment focuses on single-stage centrifugal and horsepower pump. The horsepower pumps, the press release says, generally are from 0.50 hp to 10 hp. The energy efficient pump segment is being driven by adoption of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) ratings, which includes pumps and fans in its assessments.
Variable speed drive (VSD) pump systems – including a platform from Eaton – are said by experts to cut energy use significantly.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation