Global Smart Building Technology Moves Beyond HVAC, Says IDC
IDC Energy Insights’ new report, “Global Smart Buildings Forecast 2013-2018” forecasts spending on smart building technology to grow from $7.3 billion in 2014 to $21.9 billion in 2018, representing a 28.4 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Key findings of the report include:
- Investments over the past several years have focused on HVAC systems. Customers are now beginning to expand their evaluation to lighting, plug load, equipment maintenance and other issues.
- With many basic control and monitoring systems in place, a need is developing for intelligent software and external services to help analyze, interpret, and prioritize the data that is being collected.
- Vertical industry has a large impact on the rate of adoption of smart building technologies. Buildings managed in the government or healthcare verticals, for example, tend to be more mature in their appreciation of the benefits of smart buildings, and more advanced in their deployment.
- Different countries face very different drivers towards the expansion of smart buildings, including owners and managers seeking to reduce and control energy costs (US); to governments driving environmental and energy efficiency objectives (Germany); to meeting energy supply challenges (Japan).
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. In their inaugural trends report, Planning for a Sustainable Future, the NAEM has identified the trends that will shape EHS & Sustainability management in the year to come. As a sponsor of the report, Dakota Software is pleased to provide this complimentary copy. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management