GM Dealer Woos Hybrid Car Customers in Green Showroom
GridNavigator, an energy management system provider, and Bloom General Contracting have partnered to promote green building to GM auto dealerships throughout the US. The partners’ first joint customer is LaFontaine Automotive Group’s new Chevrolet dealership in Dexter, Mich. The dealership says it is saving $60,000 per year in energy costs from its green building investments, and it gets bragging rights with customers by broadcasting its energy efficiency efforts with a real-time GridNavigator energy kiosk in the showroom.
GridNavigator and Bloom General Contracting are pitching design for LEED certification combined with the GridNavigator energy management system as a way for auto dealerships to align their brands with their increased inventory of energy efficient vehicles.
“Educating customers on energy efficiency opportunities for our businesses, homes and communities supports the sales process of fuel efficient vehicles,” said Mary Alice Kurtz, program manager, Facility Sustainability Initiatives, GM.
The LaFontaine dealership installation includes GridNavigator’s lux sensors, which control interior lights and allow use of daylighting to reduce energy demands; smart equipment controls; and intraday forecasting analytics that automatically optimize rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units.
Dealerships can opt to manually control their lighting and HVAC systems by changing settings through a web-based application via a smart phone or tablet computer.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year