GM Dealer Woos Hybrid Car Customers in Green Showroom
GridNavigator, an energy management system provider, and Bloom General Contracting have partnered to promote green building to GM auto dealerships throughout the US. The partners’ first joint customer is LaFontaine Automotive Group’s new Chevrolet dealership in Dexter, Mich. The dealership says it is saving $60,000 per year in energy costs from its green building investments, and it gets bragging rights with customers by broadcasting its energy efficiency efforts with a real-time GridNavigator energy kiosk in the showroom.
GridNavigator and Bloom General Contracting are pitching design for LEED certification combined with the GridNavigator energy management system as a way for auto dealerships to align their brands with their increased inventory of energy efficient vehicles.
“Educating customers on energy efficiency opportunities for our businesses, homes and communities supports the sales process of fuel efficient vehicles,” said Mary Alice Kurtz, program manager, Facility Sustainability Initiatives, GM.
The LaFontaine dealership installation includes GridNavigator’s lux sensors, which control interior lights and allow use of daylighting to reduce energy demands; smart equipment controls; and intraday forecasting analytics that automatically optimize rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units.
Dealerships can opt to manually control their lighting and HVAC systems by changing settings through a web-based application via a smart phone or tablet computer.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing