GM Dealer Woos Hybrid Car Customers in Green Showroom
GridNavigator, an energy management system provider, and Bloom General Contracting have partnered to promote green building to GM auto dealerships throughout the US. The partners’ first joint customer is LaFontaine Automotive Group’s new Chevrolet dealership in Dexter, Mich. The dealership says it is saving $60,000 per year in energy costs from its green building investments, and it gets bragging rights with customers by broadcasting its energy efficiency efforts with a real-time GridNavigator energy kiosk in the showroom.
GridNavigator and Bloom General Contracting are pitching design for LEED certification combined with the GridNavigator energy management system as a way for auto dealerships to align their brands with their increased inventory of energy efficient vehicles.
“Educating customers on energy efficiency opportunities for our businesses, homes and communities supports the sales process of fuel efficient vehicles,” said Mary Alice Kurtz, program manager, Facility Sustainability Initiatives, GM.
The LaFontaine dealership installation includes GridNavigator’s lux sensors, which control interior lights and allow use of daylighting to reduce energy demands; smart equipment controls; and intraday forecasting analytics that automatically optimize rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units.
Dealerships can opt to manually control their lighting and HVAC systems by changing settings through a web-based application via a smart phone or tablet computer.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management