GM, DTE Partner on 800 kW Solar Array
DTE Energy will own the 2,800-panel array on 4.25 acres of land leased from GM. The array will generate approximately 1 million kWh hours of electricity per year.
Warren Transmission also recently met the EPA Energy Star Challenge for Industry by reducing the energy intensity of the facility by 12.3 percent in two years. This is the second year in a row the Michigan facility has met the challenge.
GM currently houses 46 MW of solar power at 19 facilities globally. The Warren Transmission project will enable the company to surpass its goal to promote 125 MW of clean power by 2020.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future