GM, DTE Partner on 800 kW Solar Array
DTE Energy will own the 2,800-panel array on 4.25 acres of land leased from GM. The array will generate approximately 1 million kWh hours of electricity per year.
Warren Transmission also recently met the EPA Energy Star Challenge for Industry by reducing the energy intensity of the facility by 12.3 percent in two years. This is the second year in a row the Michigan facility has met the challenge.
GM currently houses 46 MW of solar power at 19 facilities globally. The Warren Transmission project will enable the company to surpass its goal to promote 125 MW of clean power by 2020.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy