GM, DTE Partner on 800 kW Solar Array
DTE Energy will own the 2,800-panel array on 4.25 acres of land leased from GM. The array will generate approximately 1 million kWh hours of electricity per year.
Warren Transmission also recently met the EPA Energy Star Challenge for Industry by reducing the energy intensity of the facility by 12.3 percent in two years. This is the second year in a row the Michigan facility has met the challenge.
GM currently houses 46 MW of solar power at 19 facilities globally. The Warren Transmission project will enable the company to surpass its goal to promote 125 MW of clean power by 2020.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy