Google Buys Wind Power for Finnish Data Center
The global insurance company Allianz has signed agreements to acquire an additional 33 MW from Maevaara wind farm in Northern Sweden from the Nordic renewable energy developer, OX2. At the same time, Google has signed a power purchase agreement to buy the entire electricity output of the wind farm for the next ten years, to power its data center at Hamina, Finland.
This is the second such agreement signed by the three companies – in 2013, Google agreed to purchase the entire output of 24 wind turbines at Maevaara for ten years, starting in 2015. The new agreement is for an additional 10 wind turbines when they become operational in 2016.
OX2 will manage the 105 MW wind farm commercially and technically.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year