Grants Available for Energy Resiliency
State funding will be made available to cities and towns that identify the facilities in their community where loss of electrical service would result in disruption of critical public safety functions, including emergency services, shelters, food and fuel supply, and communications infrastructure. Clean energy technologies would be used to keep these systems operable.
Under the program, administered by the Department of Energy Resources (DOER), cities and towns can apply for either technical assistance or direct project implementation funding to help protect their communities from interruptions in energy service due to severe climate events worsened by the effects of climate change. Communities that receive a technical assistance award can subsequently apply for project implementation funding.
The grants will be funded through Alternative Compliance Payments (ACP) paid by electrical retail suppliers if they have insufficient renewable energy certificates to meet their obligations under the Renewable and Alternative Portfolio Standard programs.
Projects eligible for funding include clean energy generation, energy storage, energy management systems, islanding technologies and microgrids.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement