Grants Available for Energy Resiliency
State funding will be made available to cities and towns that identify the facilities in their community where loss of electrical service would result in disruption of critical public safety functions, including emergency services, shelters, food and fuel supply, and communications infrastructure. Clean energy technologies would be used to keep these systems operable.
Under the program, administered by the Department of Energy Resources (DOER), cities and towns can apply for either technical assistance or direct project implementation funding to help protect their communities from interruptions in energy service due to severe climate events worsened by the effects of climate change. Communities that receive a technical assistance award can subsequently apply for project implementation funding.
The grants will be funded through Alternative Compliance Payments (ACP) paid by electrical retail suppliers if they have insufficient renewable energy certificates to meet their obligations under the Renewable and Alternative Portfolio Standard programs.
Projects eligible for funding include clean energy generation, energy storage, energy management systems, islanding technologies and microgrids.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies