Green Grid Says Eco Mode Improves Data Center Efficiency
Evaluation of Eco Mode in Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems also makes recommendations regarding other power distribution equipment to ensure a reliable power system. The full contents are free.
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Eco Mode is one of The Green Grid Data Center Maturity Model’s (DCMM) energy saving recommendations and can increase overall efficiency, according to the global consortium of companies, government agencies, educational institutions and individuals.
The white paper breaks down key elements such as UPS technology and performance, critical power systems configuration, IT power supply ride-through, and utility grid reliability. It explores each of these ideas and their trade-offs, helping data center operators understand Eco Mode from the ground up.
The paper addresses two key points for data center owners and operators to consider before implementing Eco Mode technology:
- Power Distribution: It is extremely important to match switch-over time for an Eco Mode UPS to the power supply ride-through or static switch time. Data center operators should analyze the power distribution within their data centers and consult their UPS manufacturers for information prior to implementing Eco Mode.
- Utility Power Quality: UPS Eco Mode requires an acceptable level of utility power quality and it must be within the voltage tolerance of all equipment to keep the UPS operating in the most efficient range possible. Additional details are included in the paper about moving from Level 1 UPS Eco Mode to Level 3.
Additionally, registration is now open for The Green Grid Forum 2013, a two-day gathering of the leaders in the field of resource efficiency for data centers and the IT ecosystem. The event will be held March 5-6 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif.
And October 2012 paper published by The Green Grid found data centers may overuse air conditioning.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- The Sustainable Edge™