Green Technologies Tested by the GSA
The General Services Administration (GSA) Green Proving Ground released three new sets of its evaluations results. The agency tests promising sustainable building technologies in real-world settings in federal facilities. The highlights from three these tests include:
High performance (High-R) window retrofits use advanced materials to deliver up to a seven-fold improvement in the thermal performance of windows. At a GSA test bed location in Provo Utah, installation of a High-R retrofit kit reduced heating loads by up to 41 percent.
Variable speed chillers equipped with magnetic levitation (maglev) bearing compressors represent an important innovation in commercial air conditioning. By eliminating the metal-on-metal friction of traditional compressors, maglev technology improves energy efficiency while minimizing any negative impacts of noise and vibration.
The Photovoltaic (PV) Guidance report explores conditions and practices associated with successful PV projects in GSA’s portfolio. In this report, the Green Proving Ground assessed the execution and management of 63 GSA-owned PV projects to identify a broad set of best practices for on-site PV deployment.
GSA is deploying those technologies that research shows to be ready for immediate use.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement