Greenbuild Briefing: View Dynamic Glass, W Hotel, SageGlass, TerraLux LEDs
Here is a roundup of some new products debuting at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, taking place this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. View, formerly known as Soladigm, says its commercial-scale dynamic glass product is ready for global deployment. Using electrochromic technology, View’s smart-window glass continually adjusts to external conditions, providing views free from unwanted heat and glare. The glass also incorporates user preferences. In a typical commercial installation, annual HVAC and lighting energy consumption is reduced by 20 percent while HVAC peak load is reduced by 25 percent, according to the company.
View Dynamic Glass is installed and operating at W Hotel San Francisco adjacent to the show.
Another glass manufacturer, Sage, is showing off its variable tint zone dynamic glass at Greenbuild. Sage’s window system enables variable tint zones within a single pane of electrochromic glass. The glass control system allows building occupants to change the tint in three different sections in a single pane of glass, and each section can be set to any available tint level, providing greater flexibility for managing solar heat gain and glare. With multiple zones in a single window, factors such as the changing angles of the sun throughout the day and seasons can be better managed to optimize daylight and preserve the outdoor view.
Variable tint SageGlass will ship in the first quarter of 2013 when Sage’s new high volume manufacturing plant starts commercial production.
TerraLux, announced its new Decorative LED MR16 bulb with patented technology that provides 360 degree illumination, eliminating directional limitations of LED bulbs. The LED MR16 replacement lamp solves the problem of one-directional light output in decorative fixtures. Designed with LEDs in the front and the rear of the bulb, the MR16 produces warm light in all directions, ideal for use in high-end decorative lighting fixtures that are commonly found in restaurants, bars and in specialty glass sconces and hanging pendants. The TerraLux Decorative LED MR16 is available in a 20-degree narrow flood beam angle. It produces light output equivalent to a 20-watt halogen lamp at a color temperature of 3000K, with Color Rendering Index greater than 90 and a high R9 value for warm, pleasing light in decorative applications.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems