Greenbuild Briefing: View Dynamic Glass, W Hotel, SageGlass, TerraLux LEDs
Here is a roundup of some new products debuting at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, taking place this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. View, formerly known as Soladigm, says its commercial-scale dynamic glass product is ready for global deployment. Using electrochromic technology, View’s smart-window glass continually adjusts to external conditions, providing views free from unwanted heat and glare. The glass also incorporates user preferences. In a typical commercial installation, annual HVAC and lighting energy consumption is reduced by 20 percent while HVAC peak load is reduced by 25 percent, according to the company.
View Dynamic Glass is installed and operating at W Hotel San Francisco adjacent to the show.
Another glass manufacturer, Sage, is showing off its variable tint zone dynamic glass at Greenbuild. Sage’s window system enables variable tint zones within a single pane of electrochromic glass. The glass control system allows building occupants to change the tint in three different sections in a single pane of glass, and each section can be set to any available tint level, providing greater flexibility for managing solar heat gain and glare. With multiple zones in a single window, factors such as the changing angles of the sun throughout the day and seasons can be better managed to optimize daylight and preserve the outdoor view.
Variable tint SageGlass will ship in the first quarter of 2013 when Sage’s new high volume manufacturing plant starts commercial production.
TerraLux, announced its new Decorative LED MR16 bulb with patented technology that provides 360 degree illumination, eliminating directional limitations of LED bulbs. The LED MR16 replacement lamp solves the problem of one-directional light output in decorative fixtures. Designed with LEDs in the front and the rear of the bulb, the MR16 produces warm light in all directions, ideal for use in high-end decorative lighting fixtures that are commonly found in restaurants, bars and in specialty glass sconces and hanging pendants. The TerraLux Decorative LED MR16 is available in a 20-degree narrow flood beam angle. It produces light output equivalent to a 20-watt halogen lamp at a color temperature of 3000K, with Color Rendering Index greater than 90 and a high R9 value for warm, pleasing light in decorative applications.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management