Greenbuild Day 2: Lucid, Johnson Controls, BuildingIQ, Lutron Electronics
Here’s the latest in energy saving news from the Greenbuild Conference, taking place in San Francisco this week. Lucid is previewing BuildingOS, a platform for managing energy and water resources in commercial buildings and across real estate portfolios. BuildingOS will be released in early 2013.
Johnson Controls has found another partner for its Panoptix Platform. BuildingIQ, an energy management software company, will bring its applications onto the new Panoptix platform. BuildingIQ helps automatically fine tune the building management system (BMS) based on weather forecasts, occupancy patterns and energy prices in order to optimize HVAC energy. The Panoptix Platform will provide cloud-based access to energy data and manage the interface to the BMS to streamline the implementation of BuildingIQ for customers across their portfolios. Customers will be able to purchase a monthly subscription to BuildingIQ through Panoptix as well.
Lighting control company Lutron Electronics is exhibiting the following new products:
- In addition to manufacturing sensors, Lutron is introducing a new service to help building owners to get the most out of their energy-saving efforts. Through its Layout and Tuning Service, Lutron will provide a detailed sensor layout – for use by the installing contractor .
- Lutron has expanded its fabric offering by adding technology from Mermet, a manufacturer of solar screen fabrics. This new, patented Lutron Shading improves heat reflection in dark color fabrics while maintaining glare control.
- Lutron has teamed up with Assa Abloy to create Lutron Hotel Lighting and Temperature Control System. Lutron’s lighting control modules will turn lights on and off, adjust the shades and raise or lower the temperature when the room is vacant. The system also provides automatic locking for hotel room doors.
- Combined Heat and Power
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation