Greensmith Delivers 23 MW of US Energy Storage in 2014
Greensmith says that according to the inaugural US Energy Storage Monitor from GTM Research and the Energy Storage Association (ESA), over one-third of all energy storage capacity installed in the United States in 2014 was deployed by Greensmith and is managed using the company’s fourth generation software platform – GEMS4.
The report finds that 61.9 MW of energy storage came online in the US in 2014. Of that, Greensmith’s GEMS4 software platform was used to integrate and manage five energy storage systems, totaling 23 MW. The five grid-scale and behind-the-meter energy storage systems included the single largest battery-based power system deployed globally in 2014, providing 24×7 frequency regulation services in the PJM wholesale market.
The GEMS software platform manages the complete life cycle of energy storage systems. The technology-agnostic platform integrates all storage system components including batteries and inverters, manages storage assets to optimize battery performance, and provides connectivity with utility SCADA systems. GEMS offers modules for various applications such as frequency regulation, ramp rate control and renewables smoothing.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash