Greensmith Energy Management Systems Unveils ESS Up to Megawatt Scale
Greensmith Energy Management Systems now offer “a la carte” energy storage systems (ESS) to a variety of energy storage participants up to megawatt scale. The company is a provider of energy storage technologies and solutions with over 30 systems deployed utilizing its battery-agnostic technology platform.
In addition to delivering turn-key ESS up to megawatt scale, Greensmith provides a centralized software system which monitors and controls all of the various elements within the ESS, including the batteries, inverter, fire protection system, and even AC system.
Many ESS units today are installed with disparate control systems for each respective component: the battery management system (BMS), the inverter, the air conditioning system, and the fire protection system. Centralizing the information and controls allows for consistent dispatch systems according to customer’s commands.
Within each ESS, Greensmith installs a site controller to communicate with the inverter and battery management system over a variety of protocols (including serial protocols, CANbus, and modbus). This site controller also communicates with external networks over a TCP/IP based connection, enabling remote control through a browser-based interface or through third-party control systems over Modbus or DNP3 protocols
Greensmith’s software also enables fleet control across multiple ESS units.
Two major utilities with multiple ESS deployments have asked Greensmith to retrofit existing systems. Greensmith is poised to retrofit the ESS systems later this year, across several different battery and inverter manufacturers which are already installed.
In its next generation of software, dubbed “BOS4″, Greensmith is also deploying a rule-based engine which will allow ESS systems to dispatch based on an application priority hierarchy. This development will tie into an upcoming automated C&I product that will provide similar rule-based conditions for behind-the-meter commercial & industrial customers interested in deploying energy storage to save on energy bills.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts