Greensmith Releases GEMS5
Grid-scale energy storage software and integration firm Greensmith has released GEMS5, the fifth generation of its energy storage software. The new version includes features that enable utilities, independent power producers, microgrid operators and commercial and industrial facility owners to expand the functionality, improve the availability, boost the performance and lengthen the lifespan of their energy storage systems.
GEMS5 includes the following additional enhancements:
- StorageStack: This allows system operators to layer multiple applications on an energy storage system. The menu-based interface allows for quick application scheduling and easy configuration of the rules that dictate how GEMS’ decision engine mediates between multiple applications.
- Deployment automation: This development toolkit expedites time-to-market for grid-scale energy storage systems by automating the integration of various batteries and power control systems.
- Third-party integration: Integration with third-party frameworks such as grid-scale distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS) is more seamless.
- Fleet management.
This is the first generational update to Greensmith’s energy storage software since 2013.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy