Greensmith Releases GEMS5
Grid-scale energy storage software and integration firm Greensmith has released GEMS5, the fifth generation of its energy storage software. The new version includes features that enable utilities, independent power producers, microgrid operators and commercial and industrial facility owners to expand the functionality, improve the availability, boost the performance and lengthen the lifespan of their energy storage systems.
GEMS5 includes the following additional enhancements:
- StorageStack: This allows system operators to layer multiple applications on an energy storage system. The menu-based interface allows for quick application scheduling and easy configuration of the rules that dictate how GEMS’ decision engine mediates between multiple applications.
- Deployment automation: This development toolkit expedites time-to-market for grid-scale energy storage systems by automating the integration of various batteries and power control systems.
- Third-party integration: Integration with third-party frameworks such as grid-scale distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS) is more seamless.
- Fleet management.
This is the first generational update to Greensmith’s energy storage software since 2013.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings