Greensmith Supplies Utilities with Battery Storage
Greensmith Energy Management Systems says it is now providing distributed energy storage systems to 14 customers, including eight electric utilities.
In 2011, Washington, DC-based Greensmith reached its largest scale yet through the sale of its first MW-sized system. Specifically, a major California utility purchased a 1.5 MWh Greensmith distributed energy storage system (DESS) to address grid congestion issues and integrate utility-scale solar generation.
Greensmith’s control software and Battery Operating System (BOS3) technology enable distributed energy system deployments with centralized operations through an online user portal or via machine-to-machine integration. All of Greensmith’s DESS units include the latest BOS3 communication technology and software. In addition, each DESS unit is configurable, modular, and scalable from residential to commercial to utility scale deployments. Greensmith units are often installed alongside distributed grid assets.
For example, three Greensmith installations include both smart EV charging stations and rooftop solar photovoltaic load following. Their suite of control and communication software integrates with an entire network of ancillary devices for the smart grid, an evolving system that can change with the smart grid ecosystem. Greensmith maintains a battery-agnostic architecture, which allows the company to offer multiple battery options to its customers today, and new options in the future as battery technologies continue to advance.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems