GridPoint Extends EMS Reach in the UK
Data-driven energy management systems (EMS) company GridPoint has extended its partner program to include Electracom Projects, a building management systems (BMS) specialist based in the United Kingdom.
The companies say Electracom’s installation and BMS combined with GridPoint’s submetering and monitoring technology will allow UK enterprises to enhance energy conscious behavior through sensoring, cloud-based big data analytics and intelligent control.
The UK is preparing for the implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive in 2015, which will require a program of regular energy audits.
Electracom and GridPoint’s strategic partnership opens new opportunities for both companies to provide effective energy and sustainability management for enterprises. Energy costs are rising in the UK due to pending changes in government regulations, Electracom said. The market may need energy management practices that manage costs by employing submetering, monitoring and cloud-based big data analytics.
GridPoint deploys submeters for individual energy-consuming assets and monitors environmental conditions, it says. Data is sent to a cloud-based platform that provides real-time visibility, big data analytic capabilities and dynamic control over energy usage, carbon emissions and critical facility performance.
GridPoint says it has delivered results through the combination of data-driven, real-time, asset-level submetering with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) analytics. The company cites as an example a big box retailer with submeters in place that identified 249 issues across 1,100 stores, including unnecessary energy expenses, malfunctioning HVAC and lighting systems and freezer and cooler inventory losses. Additionally, a convenience store operator saved 22 percent annually per site in energy and capital expenses by monitoring HVAC performance and detecting malfunctions before damaging outages occurred.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement