GridPoint Extends EMS Reach in the UK
Data-driven energy management systems (EMS) company GridPoint has extended its partner program to include Electracom Projects, a building management systems (BMS) specialist based in the United Kingdom.
The companies say Electracom’s installation and BMS combined with GridPoint’s submetering and monitoring technology will allow UK enterprises to enhance energy conscious behavior through sensoring, cloud-based big data analytics and intelligent control.
The UK is preparing for the implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive in 2015, which will require a program of regular energy audits.
Electracom and GridPoint’s strategic partnership opens new opportunities for both companies to provide effective energy and sustainability management for enterprises. Energy costs are rising in the UK due to pending changes in government regulations, Electracom said. The market may need energy management practices that manage costs by employing submetering, monitoring and cloud-based big data analytics.
GridPoint deploys submeters for individual energy-consuming assets and monitors environmental conditions, it says. Data is sent to a cloud-based platform that provides real-time visibility, big data analytic capabilities and dynamic control over energy usage, carbon emissions and critical facility performance.
GridPoint says it has delivered results through the combination of data-driven, real-time, asset-level submetering with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) analytics. The company cites as an example a big box retailer with submeters in place that identified 249 issues across 1,100 stores, including unnecessary energy expenses, malfunctioning HVAC and lighting systems and freezer and cooler inventory losses. Additionally, a convenience store operator saved 22 percent annually per site in energy and capital expenses by monitoring HVAC performance and detecting malfunctions before damaging outages occurred.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds