GridPoint Launches Open Connect Platform for Niagara
As part of its energy management system, GridPoint launched its Open Connect Platform, consisting of application programming interfaces (APIs), on-site drivers and cloud connectors, designed to aggregate data from multiple sources for a holistic energy picture.
The first in the series is the GridPoint Cloud Connector for Niagara, a product built to integrate with a widely-used building management software platform.
The GridPoint Cloud Connector for Niagara transfers data from third party devices to the GridPoint Energy Manager software platform, giving users asset-level visibility into structured data across the enterprise.
When businesses introduce equipment from various vendors across multiple sites, it is often installed by different contractors. If data is not labeled properly, downstream analytics are more costly and less accurate. GridPoint’s Open Connect Platform applications listen locally, translate the data and allow users to assign consistent labels to which GridPoint Energy Manger can apply its analytics and create useful reports. The GridPoint Open Connect Platform supports common communication protocols such as BACnet and Modbus for on-site integration with Trane, Lennox, Carrier and other energy-consuming assets.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management