GridPoint Launches Open Connect Platform for Niagara
As part of its energy management system, GridPoint launched its Open Connect Platform, consisting of application programming interfaces (APIs), on-site drivers and cloud connectors, designed to aggregate data from multiple sources for a holistic energy picture.
The first in the series is the GridPoint Cloud Connector for Niagara, a product built to integrate with a widely-used building management software platform.
The GridPoint Cloud Connector for Niagara transfers data from third party devices to the GridPoint Energy Manager software platform, giving users asset-level visibility into structured data across the enterprise.
When businesses introduce equipment from various vendors across multiple sites, it is often installed by different contractors. If data is not labeled properly, downstream analytics are more costly and less accurate. GridPoint’s Open Connect Platform applications listen locally, translate the data and allow users to assign consistent labels to which GridPoint Energy Manger can apply its analytics and create useful reports. The GridPoint Open Connect Platform supports common communication protocols such as BACnet and Modbus for on-site integration with Trane, Lennox, Carrier and other energy-consuming assets.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity