Group Aims to Double US Energy Productivity by 2030
The Alliance to Save Energy’s state and local campaign – Energy 2030 On the Road – has garnered the support of nearly 100 organizations to date.
Energy 2030 On the Road is an education, awareness and action-building campaign to achieve the goal of doubling US energy productivity by 2030.
The campaign has already made stops in Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Ann Arbor, Mich. Additional stops are planned with the goal of securing endorsements and garnering support in ten target cities by the end of the year.
According to the Center for the New Energy Economy, doubling energy productivity by 2030 would:
- Save America $327 billion
- Save $139 billion in transportation
- Save $94 billion in industry
- Save taxpayers $13 billion
- Reduce energy imports to 7 percent overall use, $100 billion.
- Reduce overall US energy use 18 percent.
Excel spreadsheets and homegrown solutions simply don't meet the needs of today's complex GHG reporting environment. This white paper explores the challenges businesses face in GHG reporting, as well as best practices in developing and using a reporting solution for federal, state and voluntary programs. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management