Group Aims to Double US Energy Productivity by 2030
The Alliance to Save Energy’s state and local campaign – Energy 2030 On the Road – has garnered the support of nearly 100 organizations to date.
Energy 2030 On the Road is an education, awareness and action-building campaign to achieve the goal of doubling US energy productivity by 2030.
The campaign has already made stops in Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Ann Arbor, Mich. Additional stops are planned with the goal of securing endorsements and garnering support in ten target cities by the end of the year.
According to the Center for the New Energy Economy, doubling energy productivity by 2030 would:
- Save America $327 billion
- Save $139 billion in transportation
- Save $94 billion in industry
- Save taxpayers $13 billion
- Reduce energy imports to 7 percent overall use, $100 billion.
- Reduce overall US energy use 18 percent.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement