Grow Light Market to Reach $4.19B in 2022
The worldwide grow light market will be valued at $4.19 billion by 2022, according to a report from MarketsandMarkets.
The firm found that the annual compound growth rate (CAGR) from this year to 2022 will be 9.63 percent. Drivers include the resurgence of vertical farming and the legalization of marijuana in North America. LEDs are expected to be the type of light used by in the segment. Its predominance is due to its energy efficiency, long life and the capability varying the spectrum used. Europe is expected to be the leading region for grow lights during the period of the survey.
Horticulturists suggest that LEDs bring very specific capabilities that will aid in indoor growing of plants.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds