GS Battery Deploys 9 Hybrid Energy Storage Units in US
Two US customers are deploying GS Battery’s Hybrid Energy System to store energy supplied by photovoltaic arrays, and then using the energy to charge electric vehicles.
GS Battery has deployed nine of its Hybrid Energy System (HES) units: three for the Tennessee Valley Authority SMART Station Program, and six storage-only systems as part of a complete EV charge station by Oak Ridge National Labs’ Department of Energy EV Charger trial program.
Equipped with 48 volts of ECO R advanced lead acid battery technology, the integrated, compact unit addresses the most common renewable energy storage needs in an indoor/outdoor cabinet. The HES unit is capable of powering critical loads and has an optional integrated electric vehicle charger plug, level 2 EVSE. The option of combining battery storage with PV power generation gives the HES unit the expanded capability to operate either tied into the grid, as a stand-alone unit or in a hybrid mode.
Rated NEMA 3R, the cabinet is built of outdoor grade aluminum and has a power coat finish. Additional options include AC and DC load centers, a PV charge controller, auxiliary heating and air conditioning, a hydrogen sensor and fan cooling. Remote monitoring and control are built-in, making the system accessible anywhere over the Internet.
While the initial use for the HES might be EV charging, as the user’s needs change, the HES can be enhanced to include a UPS function, peak load shaving and act as a stand-alone PV plus storage system for residential and small commercial use.
GS Battery (USA) is an American subsidiary of GS Yuasa Group of Japan, a manufacturer of automotive, motorcycle and standby storage batteries.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing