GS Battery Deploys 9 Hybrid Energy Storage Units in US
Two US customers are deploying GS Battery’s Hybrid Energy System to store energy supplied by photovoltaic arrays, and then using the energy to charge electric vehicles.
GS Battery has deployed nine of its Hybrid Energy System (HES) units: three for the Tennessee Valley Authority SMART Station Program, and six storage-only systems as part of a complete EV charge station by Oak Ridge National Labs’ Department of Energy EV Charger trial program.
Equipped with 48 volts of ECO R advanced lead acid battery technology, the integrated, compact unit addresses the most common renewable energy storage needs in an indoor/outdoor cabinet. The HES unit is capable of powering critical loads and has an optional integrated electric vehicle charger plug, level 2 EVSE. The option of combining battery storage with PV power generation gives the HES unit the expanded capability to operate either tied into the grid, as a stand-alone unit or in a hybrid mode.
Rated NEMA 3R, the cabinet is built of outdoor grade aluminum and has a power coat finish. Additional options include AC and DC load centers, a PV charge controller, auxiliary heating and air conditioning, a hydrogen sensor and fan cooling. Remote monitoring and control are built-in, making the system accessible anywhere over the Internet.
While the initial use for the HES might be EV charging, as the user’s needs change, the HES can be enhanced to include a UPS function, peak load shaving and act as a stand-alone PV plus storage system for residential and small commercial use.
GS Battery (USA) is an American subsidiary of GS Yuasa Group of Japan, a manufacturer of automotive, motorcycle and standby storage batteries.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software