GSA Awards Siemens $37M Energy Savings Performance Contract
The General Services Administration (GSA) recently awarded a $37.2 million task order to Siemens Government Technologies to implement energy efficiency upgrades in its Great Lakes Region (Region 5). Using an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) from the Department of Energy, the cost of the project will be funded by the energy savings guaranteed by Siemens.
The upgrades are estimated to generate energy savings of $2.5 million in the program’s first year, with savings continuing to escalate over the life of the contract.
The energy conservation upgrades include the design and installation of four central heating and cooling plants at the Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building and Howard M. Metzenbaum US Courthouse. The cooling plants will utilize modular magnetic bearing centrifugal chillers allowing for greater flexibility in the operations and high-energy efficiency in all seasonal cooling loads. The heating plants will use high efficiency hot water boilers to allow for improvements in operating efficiencies of the facilities while still meeting the total demand during peak heating periods. Energy efficiency measures such as interior and exterior lighting, HVAC controls, modification of water-cooled refrigeration systems and other water conserving upgrades will be implemented during the construction phase.
The project will also upgrade the building automation systems at the Carl B. Stokes US Courthouse and the Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building.
Siemens will also be providing a comprehensive Operations & Maintenance program for the new central plants for the duration of the 20-year performance period.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management