HanesBrands Cited by the EPA
HanesBrands said today that five of its manufacturing plants have won U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Challenge for Industry awards for reducing energy use by an average of 18 percent.
The press release says the awards are given if the facility reduces energy use by 10 percent within a 10-year period. The facilities are located in the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Thailand and Vietnam. The facilities benefited from company-wide energy management measures and technical steps including advanced heat recovering and upgrades to air conditioning and compressed air systems.
HanesBrands says 23 of its manufacturing facilities have earned the honor overall.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection