Hardee’s Deploys Energy Management
Boddie-Noell Enterprises, the largest Hardee’s franchise operator in the United States, has deployed GridPoint’s integrated energy management at a majority of its 334 restaurants, with plans to deploy to the remaining sites in 2015 and beyond.
Boddie-Noell’s achieved energy savings by controlling or monitoring building systems and restaurant equipment including ventilation hoods, ovens, coolers and freezers, roof top units and lighting circuits. In addition to standard scheduling and override functionality implemented enterprise-wide, the franchise operator also used GridPoint’s HVAC setback and recovery advanced control algorithms at each site in order to run HVAC systems efficiently. Select locations used GridPoint’s load curtailment algorithm, which is designed to reduce peak energy consumption. Finally, GridPoint initiated freezer and cooler alarms to alert Boddie-Noell when temperatures rise above or below desired ranges.
As part of the deployment, Boddie-Noell gained access to GridPoint’s cloud-based Energy Manager, which aggregates and presents data collected at each site, including equipment-level energy data and environmental data such as temperature and humidity. Additional support is provided through GridPoint’s Energy Advisory Services, a team of data analysts that assist with report generation, savings analysis and operational efficiency recommendations.
TOMS King, a northern Illinois-based Burger King franchisee, deployed GridPoint’s energy management at all 59 TOMS King restaurants throughout Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future