Harristown Awarded for Work in Harrisburg, PA
Harristown Enterprises, which is in Harrisburg, PA, has received a rebate of more than $1.2 million from PPL Electric Utilities.
The story in the Central Pennsylvania Business Journal says that the company spent almost $16.5 million on two properties in the city. The rebate will be used for downtown real estate projects, the story says.
The story says that much of the spending is associated with a 17-year lease that which has facilitated the transfer of hundreds of Department of Human Services employees from the former state hospital grounds into the Commonwealth Tower, the story says. The structure, which formerly was the Verizon Tower, had its lighting, water fixtures, HVAC systems, life safety and building controls upgraded between March 2015 and July of this year.
Rebates a key way in which utilities promote upgrades and other efficiencies. Almost one year after its launch in October 2015, Duke Energy’s Solar Rebate Program has paid almost $5 million in rebates to over 750 residential customers and more than 35 business customers in South Carolina, the utility announced on September 22.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management