Hayward Pool Pumps Among First to Earn Energy Star
Hayward Pool Products says its variable speed pumps have met the Energy Star certification requirements recently finalized by the EPA for pool pumps.
The EPA finalized Version 1.0 Energy Star Specification for Pool Pumps February 15, 2013.
According to the EPA, Energy Star-certified pool pumps can often pay for themselves in less than three years; as well as run quieter and prolong the life of a pool’s filtering system.
The Hayward variable speed models receiving Energy Star certification are: EcoStar, EcoStar C, EcoStar SVRS, EcoStar C SVRS, Super Pump VS and Max-Flo VS. All of these pumps will be labeled with Energy Star designations.
Pool pump-related facts provided by the EPA include:
- Energy Star-certified pool pumps can run at different speeds and be programmed to match the pool operation with the appropriate pool pump speed. A reduction in pump speed of one-half allows the pump to use just one-eighth as much energy.
- Energy Star certified pumps will be, on average, 30-72 percent more energy-efficient than standard models and save consumers about $160 per year. (An individual model’s efficiency will depend on the climate in which it’s used, the size of the pump, and the number of speeds it uses.)
- If all pool pumps sold in the United States met these new requirements, the energy cost savings would grow to about $113 million per year.
To earn the Energy Star label, Hayward’s pumps had to be certified by an EPA-recognized third party, based on testing in an EPA-recognized laboratory. In addition, Hayward’s products were required to participate in verification testing programs run by recognized certification bodies.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide