Heat Recovery Steam Generator Industry Grows from ‘Global Green Push’
The heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) market in China is expected to reach revenues of $186 million in 2020, climbing at a compound annual growth rate of 8.8 percent from this year’s expected market value of $95 million, according to power analysts at GlobalData.
Global HRSG shipments amounted to a total of 199 units in 2011, reports Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) for Thermal Power, 2012 – Global Market Size, Market Share, Average pricing and Trends to 2020. Before the end of the decade, GlobalData predicts the average volume shipment to reach around 251 units each year by 2020.
According to the firm’s latest study, sales of HRSGs — boilers that recover exhaust heat from gas turbines in order to generate steam for the steam turbines — are expected to grow substantially over the next eight years, with the rising demand for electricity in China being a key factor.
China’s 12th Five Year Plan, spanning from 2011 to 2015, is focused on promoting clean energy sources, rapidly increasing energy produced at the lowest possible cost, and reducing the country’s dependence on energy imports.
Developed nations, according to the report, are typically utilizing HRSGs as part of a long-term goal to meet carbon emissions targets. International agreements such as the Kyoto Protocol have reduced the outlook for coal-fired generation. While coal is globally the most utilized source of power generation, it’s also the most carbon intensive.
The stringency of new regulations on companies generating power from coal has resulted in HRSG market growth, as these are used in combined cycle gas turbine plants, according to the study.
GlobalData expects the stringency of these rules to increase, further driving the need for HRSGs in the future.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management