Helping EVs from Overloading Grid
To prevent electric vehicles from overloading power grids while charging, German-based Fraunhofer is developing underlying communication methods for a uniform energy management system.
The charging station serves as an interoperable node between the electric vehicle and the network control center using the ISO/IEC 15118 and IEC 61850 standards. The requirement for EU-wide communication technologies led to the creation of the ISO/IEC 15118 standard.
“Our experience has shown that charging station manufacturers are still shying away from the standard because the implementation is too complex,” said Dr. Erik Oswald from Fraunhofer. “For this reason, we developed a reference installation that significantly streamlines the implementation.”
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds