Helping EVs from Overloading Grid
To prevent electric vehicles from overloading power grids while charging, German-based Fraunhofer is developing underlying communication methods for a uniform energy management system.
The charging station serves as an interoperable node between the electric vehicle and the network control center using the ISO/IEC 15118 and IEC 61850 standards. The requirement for EU-wide communication technologies led to the creation of the ISO/IEC 15118 standard.
“Our experience has shown that charging station manufacturers are still shying away from the standard because the implementation is too complex,” said Dr. Erik Oswald from Fraunhofer. “For this reason, we developed a reference installation that significantly streamlines the implementation.”
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation