Internap Deploys Schneider UPS at New Data Center
Internet infrastructure provider Internap will equip its new hybrid data center in New Jersey with an array of technologies from Schneider Electric to enhance operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Schneider will deploy its Symmetra uninterruptible power supply (UPS) modules, Square D Switchgear for protecting and controlling electrical currents, and Schneider Electric’s Building Management System (BMS) for control of HVAC systems.
Internap controls 12 data centers in the US and 16 worldwide and commissioned a new facility in 2013 to add capacity to the company’s metropolitan New York operations. Over time, the facility will encompass about 55,000 square feet of net sellable space and tall clear heights, as well as high-density power capabilities and in-ground high-speed fiber.
As with any Internet infrastructure provider, Internap requires high-power UPS technology with scalability and high energy efficiency at low loads. Symmetra MW delivers a modular, fault-tolerant UPS in the 400-1600 kilowatt range, energy savings, and scalability for changing electrical demands. Switchgear from Square D provides electrical distribution, protection and power quality.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings