Internap Deploys Schneider UPS at New Data Center
Internet infrastructure provider Internap will equip its new hybrid data center in New Jersey with an array of technologies from Schneider Electric to enhance operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Schneider will deploy its Symmetra uninterruptible power supply (UPS) modules, Square D Switchgear for protecting and controlling electrical currents, and Schneider Electric’s Building Management System (BMS) for control of HVAC systems.
Internap controls 12 data centers in the US and 16 worldwide and commissioned a new facility in 2013 to add capacity to the company’s metropolitan New York operations. Over time, the facility will encompass about 55,000 square feet of net sellable space and tall clear heights, as well as high-density power capabilities and in-ground high-speed fiber.
As with any Internet infrastructure provider, Internap requires high-power UPS technology with scalability and high energy efficiency at low loads. Symmetra MW delivers a modular, fault-tolerant UPS in the 400-1600 kilowatt range, energy savings, and scalability for changing electrical demands. Switchgear from Square D provides electrical distribution, protection and power quality.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement