Hilton Worldwide Achieves ISO 50001
Hilton Worldwide says more than 4,200 of its properties around the world are now ISO 50001 energy management certified. The hotelier achieved the certification following a comprehensive upgrade to its LightStay global environmental management system.
Hilton Worldwide achieved ISO 9001 (quality management) and 14001 (environmental management) certifications in 2011, and was fully recertified to both of these standards this year. With these certifications, Hilton Worldwide has certified its entire system globally.
In addition to meeting ISO 50001, the upgrades to LightStay allow Hilton Worldwide hotels to forecast future energy consumption levels, receive alerts when a variation from expected levels is perceived, and ensure any energy variances from expected baselines are reported.
Going forward, properties will be able to set individual efficiency goals through LightStay and track real-time progress against those goals.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash