Hitec Offers UPS for US Data Centers
Hitec Power Protection introduced its QPS uninterruptible power system (UPS) to the US data center market.
Designed for a 25-plus-year lifecycle, the Hitec QPS system provides full UPS functionality in a modular design. Hitec combines individual QPS units to meet customer’s site-specific requirements.
Energy efficiency is at the heart of the QPS design, enabling data centers to achieve up to 97 percent end-to-end efficiency, says Hitec.
The QPS offers an adjustable ride-through timer that prevents the unit’s diesel engine from starting in response to minor power spikes, surges, and other low deviations, reducing fuel usage and extending the life of the diesel engine. Hitec also offers medium voltage UPS units without the use of step-down or step-up transformers, resulting in improved efficiency of at least two percent, it says.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash