Hitec Offers UPS for US Data Centers
Hitec Power Protection introduced its QPS uninterruptible power system (UPS) to the US data center market.
Designed for a 25-plus-year lifecycle, the Hitec QPS system provides full UPS functionality in a modular design. Hitec combines individual QPS units to meet customer’s site-specific requirements.
Energy efficiency is at the heart of the QPS design, enabling data centers to achieve up to 97 percent end-to-end efficiency, says Hitec.
The QPS offers an adjustable ride-through timer that prevents the unit’s diesel engine from starting in response to minor power spikes, surges, and other low deviations, reducing fuel usage and extending the life of the diesel engine. Hitec also offers medium voltage UPS units without the use of step-down or step-up transformers, resulting in improved efficiency of at least two percent, it says.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement