Hitec Offers UPS for US Data Centers
Hitec Power Protection introduced its QPS uninterruptible power system (UPS) to the US data center market.
Designed for a 25-plus-year lifecycle, the Hitec QPS system provides full UPS functionality in a modular design. Hitec combines individual QPS units to meet customer’s site-specific requirements.
Energy efficiency is at the heart of the QPS design, enabling data centers to achieve up to 97 percent end-to-end efficiency, says Hitec.
The QPS offers an adjustable ride-through timer that prevents the unit’s diesel engine from starting in response to minor power spikes, surges, and other low deviations, reducing fuel usage and extending the life of the diesel engine. Hitec also offers medium voltage UPS units without the use of step-down or step-up transformers, resulting in improved efficiency of at least two percent, it says.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal