Hitec Offers UPS for US Data Centers
Hitec Power Protection introduced its QPS uninterruptible power system (UPS) to the US data center market.
Designed for a 25-plus-year lifecycle, the Hitec QPS system provides full UPS functionality in a modular design. Hitec combines individual QPS units to meet customer’s site-specific requirements.
Energy efficiency is at the heart of the QPS design, enabling data centers to achieve up to 97 percent end-to-end efficiency, says Hitec.
The QPS offers an adjustable ride-through timer that prevents the unit’s diesel engine from starting in response to minor power spikes, surges, and other low deviations, reducing fuel usage and extending the life of the diesel engine. Hitec also offers medium voltage UPS units without the use of step-down or step-up transformers, resulting in improved efficiency of at least two percent, it says.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy