HMI Panels Introduced for Commercial Facilities
American Industrial Systems (AIS) introduced its standard and custom offering of human machine interface (HMI) panels for the building automation industry. Its building control and monitoring systems are designed for commercial and industrial facilities.
AIS HMIs help building owners and operators manage their Building Management Systems (BMS), Energy Management Systems (EMS) and the burgeoning Building Automation Systems (BAS). Building control systems applications suited for AIS HMI building management panels include: chiller control, boiler control, lighting control, HVAC control and access control systems.
In commercial buildings, the BMS is a computer-based control system installed in buildings that controls and monitors the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment. An EMS has software and data acquisition hardware components that are used to collect and analyze energy usage at the building or system level, mainly for monitoring decisions only. The BAS consists of stand-alone or networked hardware and embedded software that automatically controls a single building function (mechanical, electrical, or electronic).
BAS and BMS data from commercial buildings are a tool in managing energy consumption, triggered by rising energy costs, the benefits of system maintenance and the need for remote property monitoring.
AIS’s scalable and flexible operator interface panels, and deliver HMI integration and visualization of automation systems for smart buildings. Open platform HMI panels with pre-installed Windows embedded operating system from AIS offer hardware and software functional expansion capabilities with software development kits (SDK) for customer-specific applications.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing