HMI Panels Introduced for Commercial Facilities
American Industrial Systems (AIS) introduced its standard and custom offering of human machine interface (HMI) panels for the building automation industry. Its building control and monitoring systems are designed for commercial and industrial facilities.
AIS HMIs help building owners and operators manage their Building Management Systems (BMS), Energy Management Systems (EMS) and the burgeoning Building Automation Systems (BAS). Building control systems applications suited for AIS HMI building management panels include: chiller control, boiler control, lighting control, HVAC control and access control systems.
In commercial buildings, the BMS is a computer-based control system installed in buildings that controls and monitors the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment. An EMS has software and data acquisition hardware components that are used to collect and analyze energy usage at the building or system level, mainly for monitoring decisions only. The BAS consists of stand-alone or networked hardware and embedded software that automatically controls a single building function (mechanical, electrical, or electronic).
BAS and BMS data from commercial buildings are a tool in managing energy consumption, triggered by rising energy costs, the benefits of system maintenance and the need for remote property monitoring.
AIS’s scalable and flexible operator interface panels, and deliver HMI integration and visualization of automation systems for smart buildings. Open platform HMI panels with pre-installed Windows embedded operating system from AIS offer hardware and software functional expansion capabilities with software development kits (SDK) for customer-specific applications.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement