Honeywell, Chinese Province Sign Agreement
Honeywell China and Hebei province will cooperate on energy conservation and environmental protection measures to fight industrial pollution in the manufacturing region. The agreement will reinforce the ties between Honeywell and local companies in Hebei in smart grid, energy efficiency, green buildings, renewable energy and chemical processing solutions, the parties said.
Honeywell said it is part of its efforts to help China balance the country’s goal of conserving environmental sustainability while also driving economic development.
Under the agreement, Honeywell intends to use its expertise to help tackle the challenges that Hebei province faces in its ongoing industrial restructuring. Initial focus for this agreement will be smart grid demand response platforms, Methanol-To-Olefin (MTO) and Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) projects, as well as new materials and renewable energy.
Located in northern China’s Beijing-Tianjin and Bohai Rim economic circle, Hebei is a hub for heavy industry in northern China and has to contend with considerable air pollution and other environmental challenges.
Honeywell has been supporting Hebei province’s bid to improve energy efficiency and reduce pollution. One example is Honeywell’s deal to provide Great Wall Motor, an automotive company based in Baoding, Hebei Province, with HFO-1234yf for vehicle air conditioning systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Photo: Farhan Chalwa Flickr photostream
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year