Honeywell, Chinese Province Sign Agreement
Honeywell China and Hebei province will cooperate on energy conservation and environmental protection measures to fight industrial pollution in the manufacturing region. The agreement will reinforce the ties between Honeywell and local companies in Hebei in smart grid, energy efficiency, green buildings, renewable energy and chemical processing solutions, the parties said.
Honeywell said it is part of its efforts to help China balance the country’s goal of conserving environmental sustainability while also driving economic development.
Under the agreement, Honeywell intends to use its expertise to help tackle the challenges that Hebei province faces in its ongoing industrial restructuring. Initial focus for this agreement will be smart grid demand response platforms, Methanol-To-Olefin (MTO) and Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) projects, as well as new materials and renewable energy.
Located in northern China’s Beijing-Tianjin and Bohai Rim economic circle, Hebei is a hub for heavy industry in northern China and has to contend with considerable air pollution and other environmental challenges.
Honeywell has been supporting Hebei province’s bid to improve energy efficiency and reduce pollution. One example is Honeywell’s deal to provide Great Wall Motor, an automotive company based in Baoding, Hebei Province, with HFO-1234yf for vehicle air conditioning systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Photo: Farhan Chalwa Flickr photostream
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement