Honeywell, Constellation Offer Thermostat, Electricity Package
Honeywell and StarTex Power, a Constellation company and electricity provider, have teamed up to offer homeowners and small businesses an energy-saving bundle that combines competitive electricity supply rates with a WiFi, app-driven thermostat from Honeywell.
Also, for a limited time, StarTex Power is offering a gift card to new customers – $100 for homeowners and $500 for small businesses – to subsidize the cost of the device, which will make the thermostat low or no cost, or deeply discounted, depending on which of the three available models the customer chooses. Home and business owners will also be able to get the technology through online and brick-and-mortar retailers, heating and cooling contractors or StarTex Power.
A variety of electricity supply plans with fixed rates are available based on customer location with terms of 3 to 36 months. StarTex Power customers who already have a Honeywell WiFi thermostat can still enroll in the new plan and receive the reward retroactively.
Earlier this week, Direct Energy and Nest Labs announced a similar deal to residential and small business customers across Illinois, New Jersey, New York (except the Con Edison service area), Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future