Honeywell Provides Powerhouse for Airbus Assembly Line
Honeywell completed the powerhouse for Airbus’ A320 Final Assembly Line in Mobile, Ala., the aviation company’s inaugural manufacturing operation in the United States.
The new building houses the technology and personnel needed to provide utilities for the entire campus — electricity, heating and cooling, chilled and drinking water, compressed air and sewage handling.
Honeywell led the design and construction of the powerhouse and is responsible for managing and maintaining the facility as part of a 10-year service agreement. This includes onsite support as well as remote monitoring to help operators identify issues that could cause disruptions.
The powerhouse was built to LEED Gold standards.
Inside the facility are transformers that distribute power from the local electric company to the manufacturing lines and other buildings. Honeywell ComfortPoint Open will manage the heating and cooling hardware.
Honeywell’s building management system, Enterprise Buildings Integrator, will monitor all safety and energy management technology and track performance and utility consumption trends throughout the complex.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year