Honeywell, Stor Generation Connect with Building Owners in UK
Honeywell and power management company Stor Generation have launched a smart grid program in the UK where Stor Generation will pay facility owners to lower consumption when the call for electricity starts to outpace what power plants and renewable resources are able to produce.
Honeywell will work with these organizations to identify, implement and automate short-term changes to heating and cooling equipment, lighting and other building systems (i.e. automated demand response).
Stor Generation will use Honeywell’s Akuacom software as a service (SaaS) offering to connect with the participating facilities and communicate when it is necessary to reduce energy use. Stor Generation will then aggregate and provide the resulting reserves to National Grid for its Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR) initiative.
This will be the debut of ADR technology in National Grid’s UK and European territories. And Stor Generation is the first energy aggregator in the region to use ADR to reduce grid stress rather than calling on customers to switch over to back-up diesel generators.
As Stor Generation signs up companies for the program, Honeywell will conduct site audits to design load-shed strategies for the building, provide testing and training, and connect each facility to the automated system. Building owners will select and approve the specific energy-reduction measures before they are registered with Stor Generation’s program.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement