Honeywell, Stor Generation Connect with Building Owners in UK
Honeywell and power management company Stor Generation have launched a smart grid program in the UK where Stor Generation will pay facility owners to lower consumption when the call for electricity starts to outpace what power plants and renewable resources are able to produce.
Honeywell will work with these organizations to identify, implement and automate short-term changes to heating and cooling equipment, lighting and other building systems (i.e. automated demand response).
Stor Generation will use Honeywell’s Akuacom software as a service (SaaS) offering to connect with the participating facilities and communicate when it is necessary to reduce energy use. Stor Generation will then aggregate and provide the resulting reserves to National Grid for its Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR) initiative.
This will be the debut of ADR technology in National Grid’s UK and European territories. And Stor Generation is the first energy aggregator in the region to use ADR to reduce grid stress rather than calling on customers to switch over to back-up diesel generators.
As Stor Generation signs up companies for the program, Honeywell will conduct site audits to design load-shed strategies for the building, provide testing and training, and connect each facility to the automated system. Building owners will select and approve the specific energy-reduction measures before they are registered with Stor Generation’s program.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement