Honeywell, Stor Generation Connect with Building Owners in UK
Honeywell and power management company Stor Generation have launched a smart grid program in the UK where Stor Generation will pay facility owners to lower consumption when the call for electricity starts to outpace what power plants and renewable resources are able to produce.
Honeywell will work with these organizations to identify, implement and automate short-term changes to heating and cooling equipment, lighting and other building systems (i.e. automated demand response).
Stor Generation will use Honeywell’s Akuacom software as a service (SaaS) offering to connect with the participating facilities and communicate when it is necessary to reduce energy use. Stor Generation will then aggregate and provide the resulting reserves to National Grid for its Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR) initiative.
This will be the debut of ADR technology in National Grid’s UK and European territories. And Stor Generation is the first energy aggregator in the region to use ADR to reduce grid stress rather than calling on customers to switch over to back-up diesel generators.
As Stor Generation signs up companies for the program, Honeywell will conduct site audits to design load-shed strategies for the building, provide testing and training, and connect each facility to the automated system. Building owners will select and approve the specific energy-reduction measures before they are registered with Stor Generation’s program.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing