Horse Racetrack Chooses Trane HVAC
Owners at Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey expect the Trane infrastructure systems selected for the new grandstand currently under construction to be up to 20 percent more energy efficient than conventional solutions.
The new $85 million, 2,200-seat grandstand at the Meadowlands Racetrack is being built on the site of the current backstretch. The new grandstand will include food courts, a sports bar, VIP areas and a 9,000-sq-foot rooftop deck with views of the New York skyline. The new facility is slated to open for live racing in late November 2013.
The selected rooftop HVAC systems provide cooling to building occupants while simultaneously self-monitoring to optimize efficiency.
Tne racetrack owners selected a wireless communication system, which replaces typical wired communication lines. Controls can be reconfigured if the grandstand space needs to be rearranged in the years ahead, saving time in the construction schedule that conventional wired systems would require. The wireless controls also offer lower lifecycle costs than traditional wired solutions due to their ease of service and maintenance.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement