Horse Racetrack Chooses Trane HVAC
Owners at Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey expect the Trane infrastructure systems selected for the new grandstand currently under construction to be up to 20 percent more energy efficient than conventional solutions.
The new $85 million, 2,200-seat grandstand at the Meadowlands Racetrack is being built on the site of the current backstretch. The new grandstand will include food courts, a sports bar, VIP areas and a 9,000-sq-foot rooftop deck with views of the New York skyline. The new facility is slated to open for live racing in late November 2013.
The selected rooftop HVAC systems provide cooling to building occupants while simultaneously self-monitoring to optimize efficiency.
Tne racetrack owners selected a wireless communication system, which replaces typical wired communication lines. Controls can be reconfigured if the grandstand space needs to be rearranged in the years ahead, saving time in the construction schedule that conventional wired systems would require. The wireless controls also offer lower lifecycle costs than traditional wired solutions due to their ease of service and maintenance.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management