Horse Racetrack Chooses Trane HVAC
Owners at Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey expect the Trane infrastructure systems selected for the new grandstand currently under construction to be up to 20 percent more energy efficient than conventional solutions.
The new $85 million, 2,200-seat grandstand at the Meadowlands Racetrack is being built on the site of the current backstretch. The new grandstand will include food courts, a sports bar, VIP areas and a 9,000-sq-foot rooftop deck with views of the New York skyline. The new facility is slated to open for live racing in late November 2013.
The selected rooftop HVAC systems provide cooling to building occupants while simultaneously self-monitoring to optimize efficiency.
Tne racetrack owners selected a wireless communication system, which replaces typical wired communication lines. Controls can be reconfigured if the grandstand space needs to be rearranged in the years ahead, saving time in the construction schedule that conventional wired systems would require. The wireless controls also offer lower lifecycle costs than traditional wired solutions due to their ease of service and maintenance.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement