Hospital Installs $1 Million of Energy, Water Conservation Measures
Nyack Hospital in New York signed a 48-month $1 million electricity supply contract through Constellation’s Efficiency Made Easy program. Constellation will help Nyack Hospital with an energy and water conservation project that is expected to save an estimated $270,000 per year in utility costs and reduce electricity use by more 1 million kWh annually. The hospital also expects to conserve an estimated 12.4 million gallons of water.
The conservation measures require no upfront investment from the hospital. Efficiency Made Easy enables Constellation commercial, industrial and institutional customers to fund conservation measures as part of their electricity supply bill. The cost of efficiency measures is included in the price per kWh over the term of the electricity supply agreement. In most cases, customers realize an immediate savings on energy costs as a result of reduced energy use, says Constellation.
Nyack Hospital conservation measures include: energy efficient LED lighting and lighting controls; low-flow toilets and faucets; and steam plant upgrades.
H20 Applied Technologies will install the water and steam plant upgrades. ESCO will install the lighting upgrades. Work is scheduled for completion during first quarter 2014.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- BuildingIQ Security
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement