Hospital Installs $1 Million of Energy, Water Conservation Measures
Nyack Hospital in New York signed a 48-month $1 million electricity supply contract through Constellation’s Efficiency Made Easy program. Constellation will help Nyack Hospital with an energy and water conservation project that is expected to save an estimated $270,000 per year in utility costs and reduce electricity use by more 1 million kWh annually. The hospital also expects to conserve an estimated 12.4 million gallons of water.
The conservation measures require no upfront investment from the hospital. Efficiency Made Easy enables Constellation commercial, industrial and institutional customers to fund conservation measures as part of their electricity supply bill. The cost of efficiency measures is included in the price per kWh over the term of the electricity supply agreement. In most cases, customers realize an immediate savings on energy costs as a result of reduced energy use, says Constellation.
Nyack Hospital conservation measures include: energy efficient LED lighting and lighting controls; low-flow toilets and faucets; and steam plant upgrades.
H20 Applied Technologies will install the water and steam plant upgrades. ESCO will install the lighting upgrades. Work is scheduled for completion during first quarter 2014.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing