Hospital Installs $1 Million of Energy, Water Conservation Measures
Nyack Hospital in New York signed a 48-month $1 million electricity supply contract through Constellation’s Efficiency Made Easy program. Constellation will help Nyack Hospital with an energy and water conservation project that is expected to save an estimated $270,000 per year in utility costs and reduce electricity use by more 1 million kWh annually. The hospital also expects to conserve an estimated 12.4 million gallons of water.
The conservation measures require no upfront investment from the hospital. Efficiency Made Easy enables Constellation commercial, industrial and institutional customers to fund conservation measures as part of their electricity supply bill. The cost of efficiency measures is included in the price per kWh over the term of the electricity supply agreement. In most cases, customers realize an immediate savings on energy costs as a result of reduced energy use, says Constellation.
Nyack Hospital conservation measures include: energy efficient LED lighting and lighting controls; low-flow toilets and faucets; and steam plant upgrades.
H20 Applied Technologies will install the water and steam plant upgrades. ESCO will install the lighting upgrades. Work is scheduled for completion during first quarter 2014.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management