Hospitals Honored for Energy Efficiency
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association recognized hospitals’ efforts as part of its Energy Efficiency Commitment (E2C) program.
The program encourages hospitals across the country to reduce their energy consumption by 10 percent or more over a 12-month period in support of the goals of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Challenge. The E2C program also recognizes repeat winners who reduce energy consumption by an additional 5 percent or more.
ASHE recognized the following hospitals for their leadership in reducing energy consumption:
- Bethesda North Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, (25 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Edgewood Hospital in Edgewood, Ky., (25 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas Hospital in Ft. Thomas, Ky., (10 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Florence Hospital in Florence, Ky., (10 percent).
- Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, (30 percent).
- Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, Wis., (20 percent).
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro, Tenn., (10 percent).
- Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville, Tenn., (15 percent).
- Bon Secours St. Francis Downtown in Greenville, S.C., (10 percent).
- Memorial Hermann Westside Hospital in Houston, Texas, (5 percent).
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Ill., (20 percent).
- Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Ill., (10 percent).
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, Ill., (20 percent).
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill., (20 percent).
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room