Hospitals Honored for Energy Efficiency
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association recognized hospitals’ efforts as part of its Energy Efficiency Commitment (E2C) program.
The program encourages hospitals across the country to reduce their energy consumption by 10 percent or more over a 12-month period in support of the goals of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Challenge. The E2C program also recognizes repeat winners who reduce energy consumption by an additional 5 percent or more.
ASHE recognized the following hospitals for their leadership in reducing energy consumption:
- Bethesda North Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, (25 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Edgewood Hospital in Edgewood, Ky., (25 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas Hospital in Ft. Thomas, Ky., (10 percent).
- St. Elizabeth Florence Hospital in Florence, Ky., (10 percent).
- Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, (30 percent).
- Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, Wis., (20 percent).
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro, Tenn., (10 percent).
- Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville, Tenn., (15 percent).
- Bon Secours St. Francis Downtown in Greenville, S.C., (10 percent).
- Memorial Hermann Westside Hospital in Houston, Texas, (5 percent).
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Ill., (20 percent).
- Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Ill., (10 percent).
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, Ill., (20 percent).
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill., (20 percent).
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software