Hospitals Reduce Energy in Ohio, New Hampshire
ProMedica has contracted with GEM Energy to install and integrate a combined heat and power system (CHP) using Capstone MicroTurbines, at its Wildwood, Ohio Campus near Toledo. The onsite power system will use natural gas to provide electricity and heat to the hospital. The system will be installed on the hospital campus in late April and commissioned in late June. The combined heat and power system will reduce the hospital’s energy usage and increase the campus’ Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star score.
In Nashua, NH, St. Joseph Hospital is the first facility of its kind in the state to earn the Energy Star certification, signifying the hospital performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and uses an average of 35 percent less energy than typical buildings. St. Joseph Hospital has reduced total energy costs through a variety of initiatives over the years including installing new windows with energy efficient glass and installing energy efficient lighting in corridors and meeting rooms. The hospital has saved $66,000 by surveying and repairing all steam traps within the hospital and continues to upgrade to more energy efficient air-handling units.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room