Hospitals Reduce Energy in Ohio, New Hampshire
ProMedica has contracted with GEM Energy to install and integrate a combined heat and power system (CHP) using Capstone MicroTurbines, at its Wildwood, Ohio Campus near Toledo. The onsite power system will use natural gas to provide electricity and heat to the hospital. The system will be installed on the hospital campus in late April and commissioned in late June. The combined heat and power system will reduce the hospital’s energy usage and increase the campus’ Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star score.
In Nashua, NH, St. Joseph Hospital is the first facility of its kind in the state to earn the Energy Star certification, signifying the hospital performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and uses an average of 35 percent less energy than typical buildings. St. Joseph Hospital has reduced total energy costs through a variety of initiatives over the years including installing new windows with energy efficient glass and installing energy efficient lighting in corridors and meeting rooms. The hospital has saved $66,000 by surveying and repairing all steam traps within the hospital and continues to upgrade to more energy efficient air-handling units.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management