Hilton Hotel Commissions Combined Heat and Power Plant
Greenwood Energy, the North American renewable energy division of the Libra Group, installed a 500 kW combined heat and power (CHP) plant at the Millennium Hilton Hotel in Lower Manhattan. This is the first CHP plant Greenwood has developed for Millennium Hotel and Resorts in New York City, and Greenwood is currently developing an additional plant at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in Times Square.
The Millennium Hilton CHP plant features two 250 kW natural gas-fired cogeneration units to provide baseload electricity, hot water, and chilled water for the hotel’s 569 guest rooms and suites. This system is projected to lower energy costs while increasing reliability.
Greenwood says its mission is to deploy distributed generation plants across North America. Its approach combined site analysis, technical evaluation, project design and financing to develop the system with no upfront capital expenditures for Millennium. Incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) also helped bring the project from concept to reality.
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is providing debt financing to Greenwood Energy for both CHP projects.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex