Hilton Hotel Commissions Combined Heat and Power Plant
Greenwood Energy, the North American renewable energy division of the Libra Group, installed a 500 kW combined heat and power (CHP) plant at the Millennium Hilton Hotel in Lower Manhattan. This is the first CHP plant Greenwood has developed for Millennium Hotel and Resorts in New York City, and Greenwood is currently developing an additional plant at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in Times Square.
The Millennium Hilton CHP plant features two 250 kW natural gas-fired cogeneration units to provide baseload electricity, hot water, and chilled water for the hotel’s 569 guest rooms and suites. This system is projected to lower energy costs while increasing reliability.
Greenwood says its mission is to deploy distributed generation plants across North America. Its approach combined site analysis, technical evaluation, project design and financing to develop the system with no upfront capital expenditures for Millennium. Incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) also helped bring the project from concept to reality.
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is providing debt financing to Greenwood Energy for both CHP projects.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal