Hilton Hotel Commissions Combined Heat and Power Plant
Greenwood Energy, the North American renewable energy division of the Libra Group, installed a 500 kW combined heat and power (CHP) plant at the Millennium Hilton Hotel in Lower Manhattan. This is the first CHP plant Greenwood has developed for Millennium Hotel and Resorts in New York City, and Greenwood is currently developing an additional plant at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in Times Square.
The Millennium Hilton CHP plant features two 250 kW natural gas-fired cogeneration units to provide baseload electricity, hot water, and chilled water for the hotel’s 569 guest rooms and suites. This system is projected to lower energy costs while increasing reliability.
Greenwood says its mission is to deploy distributed generation plants across North America. Its approach combined site analysis, technical evaluation, project design and financing to develop the system with no upfront capital expenditures for Millennium. Incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) also helped bring the project from concept to reality.
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is providing debt financing to Greenwood Energy for both CHP projects.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement