Hotel Employs Biomass Heating
Biomass boiler supplier Treco says it has been working with a number of hotels across the United Kingdom and that hotels can receive significant incentive payments from the UK government under the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for biomass boilers.
One of the hotels Treco has worked with is Dumbleton Hall Hotel, which opted for a 198 kW Guntamatic Biocom cascaded system that runs on vacuum-fed wood pellets. The hotel hired Treco for the project from initial design to commissioning. The results were a 30-40 percent savings on fuel costs and about $36,000 per annum (every year for twenty years) in Commercial RHI payments.
This has led the hotel group to install two further biomass boiler projects at other hotels in its portfolio. The payback period on the investment, combining fuel savings and RHI payments, is estimated at between four to five years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- There’s Money in the Trash